Extra detail on 32-bit float space can be found in After Effects tutorials videos Floating point overview by Chris Meyer at Lynda.com and Understanding Linear Workflow video by Daniel Broadway on AETuts. For more even on Linear color space, here are additional resources:
- Stu Maschwitz Passing the Linear Torch (summary of posts with a brief update on how to set it up in AE CS4).
- Chris & Trish Meyer on Linear Light, Intro to Color Management, and Adding a Filmic Glow.
- Mark Christiansen's Linear Blending at Any Color Depth in After Effects and book After Effects Studio Techniques.
- Jonas Hummelstrand's linkfest Floating in 32-bit Space (where no one can hear you scream)
- AE Help's Color management and Linearize working space and enable linear blending.
- The official Adobe whitepaper Color management workflow in After Effects CS4.
- Understanding Linear Workflow, the video below by Daniel Broadway, is easy on the eyes and passed peer review on AETuts: