The SF Cutters are meeting Oct 20th at the Delancey Street Screening Room on The Embarcadero in San Francisco, not far from the ballpark. The agenda includes a look at Final Cut Pro to Autodesk Smoke Finishing, GenArts Sapphire Plugins with Todd Prives of GenArts (& essay contest), & Kevin Monahan's Blu Ray Templates. Meeting details are on Eventbrite; this one has a fee.
Update: "Here’s the GenArts Sapphire Essay requirements:
* state why you want the Sapphire GenArts plugins, your plan for using them
* one page essay -- you may write it ahead of time and bring it with you; do Not send it in an email, it must be handed in in person
* you must be present to win, one essay per person
* includes name and contact info: phone with area code, and email
* legible -- either printed out or readable handwriting
* We will select the top winner, and the runner up at random from the qualifying essays turned in on Oct 20th, winner(s) must be present, and be in attendance for the SF Cutters’ Tues Oct 20th meeting.
* We will also give away a one month’s rental certificate to a runner up."
Also, SFMograph is meeting, at Adobe on October 22.